Thursday, February 10, 2011

RealPlayer Stream on Nokia: Unable to connect

I've been facing the message of "Unable to connect" when I stream any RTSP link like these:
  • [video] rtsp://video3.multicasttech.com/AFTVClassics3GPP296.sdp
  • [audio] rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/radio1coyopa/radio_1_-_friday_1900.ra

And after some observations, here is what I've found:

1- When RealPlayer asks for an internet connection and starts it, I often receive the message. But when I open a connection manually, I works fine.

2- Make sure that the access point given to RealPlayer is a working one:
Options -> Settings -> Streaming -> Network -> Access point in use

3- Make sure the WLAN bandwidth is set to a right value that suits your connection speed:
Options -> Settings -> Streaming -> Network -> Options -> Advanced settings -> WLAN bandwidth

No comments:

Post a Comment