Friday, September 28, 2012

Packt Publishing reaches 1000 IT titles and celebrates with an open invitation

As Packt will be publishing its 1000 book within days, they have a surprise to match this event. As mentioned on their website: "Revisit Packt’s website between the 28th and 30th of September to redeem your gift, or sign up for an account with us now to receive a notification email.". That's a gift I did not expect at all.

If you don't know Packt Publishing, that's too bad. One big reason of why that is bad, is because -from my experience with some technical books from different publishers- Packt is one of those who care about  practice with less 'academic' style -which was boring during college and still-. And another thing that I did not know till a couple of days ago -when I was reading about their event- is the following:
"Packt supports many of the Open Source projects covered by its books through a project royalty donation, which has contributed over $400,000 to Open Source projects. As part of the 1000th book celebration Packt is allocating $30,000 to share between projects and authors."

I'v been depending on a couple of its books during the kick-off of my startup, and I suggest you give its practical style a taste.

Source: Packt Publishing reaches 1000 IT titles and celebrates with an open invitation

No comments:

Post a Comment