Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pushups Counter using Adobe Flash Lite (Part 1)

[stopped for a while()]

A friend of mine was talking about an iPhone app for counting pushups and how it was a success. At the same time I was introduced to the new world (it was new for me) of Adobe Flash Lite. So I thought about testing this Adobe thing and putting this app as a goal to apply what I learn.

I started to think about ways to sense the pushups:
  • Altitude: too complex for a small app.
  • Accelerometer: counting the pushups depending on changing the orientation of the device. Whether to put it on your back (stupid) or on the arm.
And I found some ideas on the web:
  • Touching the screen with your nose (believe me, it's a real app).
  • Using the iPhone proximity sensor to detect your chest.

Here are some videos:






So, my desired app will be using the accelerometer. What about my sources to learn Adobe Flash Lite?
.... Plus any video or website that can help.

I found a video on Vimeo that demonstrates accessing the accelerometer. I guess it can help.



Platform Services and the Accelerometer from Adobe Flash Lite on Vimeo.

So, here I go.

2 comments: